Smokette 2017/2018 Away Tournament Policy
1) Only those that have paid the current years fees are eligible to go to away tournaments.
2) 15 players and one goalie is the maximum number of players for each tournament team.
3) Two things are required for the Smokettes to commit to going to a tournament
- A general interest BenchApp will be set up to get interest for each tournament. This does not mean that you are on the tournament team it only give us back-up to officially sign up and pay the downpayment for the tournament. Once we have enough interest that will be deleted.
- Someone is required to step up and be the team leader for each tournament. This person is responsible for collecting money for that tournament, making sure we have enough players, organizing the team and booking hotel rooms......
4) Once we have confirmation of a spot in the tournament and someone to organize, an e-mail will be sent out with the details. This will include
- The organizer of the tournament
- Cost per person (tournament fee divided by 15, usually about $50 to $60)
- Specific name to use on e-transfer to specify what the money is for
5) Once the e-mail is sent out confirming that we are in the tournament the first 15 people to pay will be going to the tournament. This year we have e-transfer and we would like to try to use that for tournament money as well as giving cheque or cash to the organizer (or alternate) at hockey. This is a trial run this year and if it does not work we will let people know. We will try to send out an e-mail as soon as all 15 spots are filled up. If you send an e-transfer after the 15 spots are filled we will not accept the transfer.
6) If you play in a tournament you are not eligible to play in the next tournament to give the other Smokettes a chance to go play in a tournament. If we do not have enough people then we will open it up to all Smokettes.