Hi all, Here's a game schedule and rules sheet for the 2011 Smokette Tournament in Rossland Feb 18-20, 2011. The format will be the same as last year, and as you can see, the Schedule is pretty much the same too! This year the dinner and band is going to be at the Flying Steamshovel and as usual dinner is included in the tournament fees. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers Sue
A B Women's
Lonestars Skidders Smokette's
Hooches Ice Hawks Chix
Gulch Cats Budz Nelson Drillers
Grand Forks Logan Lake Rossland Rec
All games in Rossland Unless Noted Otherwise
Time Team and (Dressing Room #)
Friday Home Away
Game #1 6:15PM Skidders (1) vs Ice Hawks (2)
Game #2 7:35PM Lonestars (3) vs Hooches (4)
Game #3 8:55PM Smokette's (WR) vs Chix (1)
Game #4 8:00AM Grand Forks (3) vs Gulch Cats (4)
Game #5 9:20AM Skidders (1) vs Budz (2)
Game #6 10:40 AM Smokette's (WR) vs Rossland Rec (4)
Game #7 ( Trail) 11:30AM Chix (8) vs Drillers (7)
Game #8 12:00PM Lonestars (1) vs Gulch Cats (2)
Game # 9 1:20PM Logan Lake (3) vs Ice Hawks (4)
Game#10 2:40PM Drillers (1 ) vs Rossland Rec (2)
Game #11 4:00PM Grand Forks (3) vs Hooches (4)
Game #12 8:45AM Logan Lake(1) vs Budz(2)
Game #13 10:05AM Chix (3) vs Rossland Rec (4)
Game #14 11:25PM Lonestars (1) vs Grand Forks (2)
Game #15 12:45PM Skidders (3) vs Logan Lake (4)
Game #16 2:05PM Smokette's (WR) vs Drillers (1)
Game #17 3:25PM Ice Hawks (3) vs Budz (4)
Game#18 4:45PM Hooches (1) vs Gulch Cats (2)
ROSSLAND ROUND-UP HOCKEY TOURNAMENT
February 18-20, 2011
Ø All teams will be guaranteed three (3) games.
Ø All games will be one hour long: consisting of three 20-minute running time periods.
Ø All games will have a five-minute warm-up. Warm-up starts once first team steps onto ice.
Ø The last three minutes of each game will be stop time if the score is within two goals.
Ø The tournament committee reserves the right to alter any game schedule to remain within time constraints.
All players must be at least 19 years old to play in the tournament.
Men's and Women's Divisions are open to anyone over 19 yrs.
Goaltenders can be as young as 19 in any division, including the Oldtimer's.
2. Maximum roster is 15, including coach (for dinner purposes). Score sheets with full names and jersey numbers must be filled out prior to each game.
3. Any player who at any time during the 2010/2011 season is a carded player is not permitted to play in the tournament. Commercial League players are permitted.
4. Helmets and full equipment are Mandatory. Children are not allowed in team bench areas.
5. No slapshots in Men's divisions (slapshots are above the knee level and at the discretion of the officials)
6. Slapshots allowed in Women's Division.
7. No bodychecking.
8. Penalties will be 3 minutes per minor and 7 minutes per major.
9. Any major penalty will result in a game ejection.
10. Any major penalty causing injury will result in tournament ejection.
11. Fighting will result in a tournament ejection.
12. A maximum of three goals per player per game will be allowed.
13. Center ice Red-Line is in effect for icings only.
***While on the ice the Officials decisions are final; Once off the ice the Tournament Committee will review & respond if necessary.***
The team in each division with the fewest penalty points at the conclusion of the tournament will be deemed division winners.
Penalty points will be assigned as follows:
-All body collision type penalties (eg. body checking, boarding, checking from behind, cross checking etc.) will be worth 10 points.
-High sticking, roughing, hooking, slashing etc. will be worth 5 points.
-Holding, tripping, interference, etc. will be worth 3 points.
-Misconduct and unsportsmanlike conduct as they go against the whole philosophy of the tournament are worth 10 points.